Zummit Plastics is a film manufacturing that produces high-end machine and hand application stretch film products.
The Operator will operate and make adjustments to ensure machinery and equipment processes are producing at peak quality and efficiency levels. The operator position is accountable for ensuring that production scheduled for completion is executed in a timely manner and within all quality parameters.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
• Follow all safety and processing procedures
• Enable effective communications between management and operators
• Train new employees and coach existing employees
• Maintain a clean and safe workplace in accordance with protocol
• Report all incidents (spills, accidents, poor performance)
• Manufacture and pack products as necessary
• Perform related duties as assigned or as the situation dictates
• Responsible for the quality of product. Troubleshooting – Responsible for the investigation and corrective action for quality, machine or process-related problems. Visual acuity to include distinguishing color variation and detecting defects.
• Must be able to monitor the quality of machine output and able to keep up.
• Must have good housekeeping skills.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Computer Literate
• Experience in Manufacturing environment and plastics.
• Able to work in a production environment, recognizing various sounds and alarms
• Excellent organization and prioritizing skills
• Able to work overtime as needed and on any shift including weekends and nights
• Two years of elevated heavy machinery processing operator experience preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
• Maintain machine and production efficiency and at peak levels
• Must know resin and required process parameters
• Knowledge of mold assembly and disassembly in order to troubleshoot and make necessary adjustments
• Complete and maintain required logs and records
• Able to use quality instruments and have own tools
• Computer skills
• Must have knowledge of and be able to adjust support equipment as necessary to maintain and meet production requirements
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
• Must be able to climb stairs, stand for extended periods of time, and safely lift up to 100lbs
• Must be able to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for extended periods of time
• Must show proficiency in the operation of all necessary equipment