Zummit Plastics is a film manufacturer that produces high-end machine and hand application stretch film products.
The Material Handler will serve as a key asset to the Production Manager. The Production Assistant will assist in removing the finished product from the machines, inspect the product to ensure quality specifications have been met and that all packaging requirements have been done according to shop floor paperwork.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
- Inspects products, assemblies or machines to ensure that they meet requirements, and removes non-conforming materials from process.
- Uses measuring devices, functional gages and a variety of basic hand tools to perform work and evaluate quality.
- Maintains a clean and organized 5S work environment (sort, straighten, shine, standardize, sustain)
- Reports inconsistencies (i.e. inventory, process) and operating barriers to lead or supervisor when discrepancies are found.
- Utilizes available resources responsibly to accomplish jobs without waste
- Must be willing to be cross-trained and move to other areas when needed.
- Meets or exceeds daily productivity targets for process/equipment.
- Process a variety of manufacturing and distribution-related materials, and products to established specifications.
- Accurately completes a variety of departmental paperwork.
- Perform other job duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Relevant training (e.g. production courses) will be an advantage
- Experience using computer
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking ability
- Resourcefulness and problem solving
- A team player with great communication skills
- Physical strength and stamina
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
- Perform instructions outlined in the Production Manual for Production Assistants
- Operate pallet jacks and fork trucks
- Assist operators as needed to minimize downtime during cleanups and maintenance
- Maintain neat and clear aisles for product transfer and safety
- Weigh and package rolls
- Follow and understand quality specifications, safety guidelines, and analysis
- Perform housekeeping duties for assigned area
- Provide direct support for product movement (raw and finished)